‘Tis the Season in #DowntownStockton
’Tis the season to string up Christmas lights, nimbly wrap gifts, enjoy the company of family and friends, and plan a trip to Downtown Stockton to celebrate the holidays! From the Tree Lighting Ceremony to the many Christmas shows featured at the Bob Hope Theater this month, there is something for everyone — both young and old — this holiday season.
December 5th, 2019
10 AM – 2 PM
We know you probably hardcore feasted for Thanksgiving, but the holidays aren’t over yet! Kick off the last month of 2019 with food, music and crafts provided by various Downtown Stockton merchants and businesses. Hosted by Cort Companies, the Holiday Open House will be held on the ground floor of Cort Tower, located at 343 E. Main Street. Enjoy some holiday cheer and prepare to indulge in some last minute shopping- come early though, because the Stockton Chorale will be sharing their harmonious vocals to kickstart the event! Cort Companies is excited to feature some of downtown’s finest businesses: JoDavi music, Tuleburg Press and the Write Place, In Season, Heinzen Studio, Squire and Co,. The Bead Fool, GFAF Bakery, and Trail Coffee. If you haven’t had the opportunity to check out all of these businesses yet, now’s your chance! Wondering what other treats and surprises are in store at the Holiday Open House? Come and find out!
December 6th, 2019
11 AM – 8 PM
One of the best parts of the holiday season is the opportunity to give back to the community. Join El Concilio on Friday, December 6th for their annual Navidad en el Valle Tamale Dinner and Drive-Thru Lunch at the Stockton Civic Auditorium. The event is free to the public, and will include live music, local entertainment, dancing, and photos with Santa for the little ones! Also, for just $10, you can get a Tamale Dinner of two tamales, Mexican rice and beans! All proceeds will help fund Christmas food baskets for families in the community who are in need. Getting a tamale dinner while simultaneously donating to those in need during the holidays? What a great way to spend the holiday season!
December 7th, 2019
Starts at 3 PM
The Stockmarket has partnered with the City of Stockton to bring exciting events to downtown this holiday season, all on the same day! Stop by the Weber Point Water Front on December 7th to enjoy the 5th Annual Holiday Stockmarket, Stockton Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony, and the 37th Annual Lighted Boat Parade by the Stockton Yacht Club! There’s no fee to attend so come by to purchase local gifts, listen to local bands, and eat and drink from local eateries and breweries. The festivities don’t stop there- there will also be free horse carriage rides, crafts, and a visit from Old Saint Nick himself! Doors open at 3pm, the Christmas tree will be lighted at 5:30pm, and the Boat Parade will arrive at 6:30pm.
There are a lot of shows during December, so we did the work of compiling a list of them all for you here:
- Cirque Dreams Holidaze — 12/06 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
- The Cirque Dreams Holidaze is both a Broadway musical and new Cirque adventure spectacular! Buy your tickets today to see these critically-acclaimed and unforgettable performances with the entire family.
- Classic Movie: White Christmas — 12/08 2 PM – 4 PM
- Need some of the classics to complete your holiday season? The Bob Hope Theater will be showing White Christmas, a 1954 American musical film starring Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney, and Vera-Ellen. Nothing beats the oldies!
- Johnny Mathis Concert — 12/12 7:30 PM – 10 PM
- Catch Johnny Mathis performing his iconic Christmas Concert, featuring classic holiday favorites and some of his greatest hits, like “Chances Are”, “It’s Not for Me to Say”, and “Misty”. Sure you hear Christmas songs on the radio, but there’s something much more satisfying about hearing them live!
- Natalie Grant and Danny Gokey Celebrate Christmas Tour —
12/15 6 PM – 9 PM
- More Christmas performances? Yes, please! Natalie Grant, a seven-time Grammy nominated Christian and Gospel artist and Danny Gokey, a Grammy nominated artist and a top 3 finalist on season 8 of American Idol, will be gracing the Bob Hope Theater for their Christmas Tour! Don’t miss this talented duo.
- The Brian Setzer Orchestra: Christmas Rocks! Tour — 12/17 7:30 PM – 10 PM
- Rock into the holiday spirit with iconic guitarist, songwriter, vocalist, and three-time Grammy Award winner Brian Setzer and his 19-piece orchestra! Prepare to be entranced by some retro holiday cheer and sing along to some of his various hits.
- Dave Koz and Friends Christmas Tour 2019 — 12/22 7:30 PM – 10:00 PM
- Jazz music is great all year, but it’s even better during the holidays! Come see nine-time Grammy nominated saxophonist Dave Koz and his friends as they continue their annual holiday tradition and celebrate the magic of the holiday season.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas Live On Stage — 12/28 6 PM – 9 PM
- Everyone’s favorite Peanuts television special comes to life on stage at the Bob Hope Theater this holiday season. Bring the kids to see Charlie Brown and the rest of the gang from the timeless television classic in a stage adaptation that the entire family can enjoy.
There are also several events at Mexican Heritage Center & Gallery, be sure to check them out!
- Nacimientos at the Mexican Heritage Center — 12/9-12/27, M – F, 7 AM – 4 PM, Closed Christmas Day.
- Stop by the Mexican Heritage center to see the nacimientos (nativity scenes) on display from various parishes and individuals from the community.
- Posadas y Nacimientos (Nativity Exhibit) — 12/20 at 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Join the Mexican Heritage Center for a night of singing around Downtown, a blessing & viewing of the nacimientos, and a short singing program. There will be Mexican Hot Chocolate, and pan dulce (sweet bread) for free for all participants. There will also be tamales available for purchase. $2.00 each or $20.00 a dozen.