RESIDENTIAL SERVICES & RESOURCES
Public Information for Resources for Residents & Visitors
Getting To, From, Around Downtown
Downtown is a transportation hub with great and affordable options for commuting to work, traveling to the Bay Area, Sacramento, or Fresno, or enjoying the Delta. Please find transit and parking resources below.
There are so many options for dining downtown! View the Downtown restaurant directory here.
We also have retail and markets. View the shopping directory here.
For events, view our events calendar here, or follow us on Facebook or Instagram (@downtownstockton).
To see all businesses in Downtown, view our full business directory here.
You can also request a copy of our Downtown visitor’s guide – to request one, please email [email protected].
We have several schools available Downtown. View the list here.
Residents can also visit the Cesar Chavez Public Library to study, research, or read!
Social & Human Services
Downtown is a hub for many City, County, and non-profit human and family resources.
Here are links to several helpful organizations:
- 211 Social Services
- Child Abuse Prevention Council : CAPC’s COVID-19 Page
- Family Resource & Referral Center
- First 5 San Joaquin
- Human Services Agency
- SJ County Courthouse
- Stockton Police Department
In and around Downtown’s borders, there are several parks & plazas available for public enjoyment:
- DeCarli Square – On Weber, between Center and El Dorado
- Fremont Park – Cross-streets are Fremont/Sutter
- Independence Park – Cross-streets are Market/Grant
- Janet Leigh Plaza – Cross-streets are El Dorado/Bridge Place
- MLK Jr. Plaza – Cross-streets are El Dorado/Fremont
- Morelli Boat Launch – Cross-streets are Weber/Stockton Channel
- Weber Point – Cross-streets are Center/Miner
For information about park hours, call: Phone: 209.937.8206