Valentine’s Day Weekend in Downtown
By Jordan Rosales
Just as the Christmas decorations have finally been taken down, their places have been filled with pink and red hearts, fat babies equipped with bows and arrows, and rows and rows of candy as far as the eye can see. February is here and love is in the air! Valentine’s Day is THIS Friday with plenty of things going on Downtown! While we’re sure you made plans for the special occasion months ago, we know there are some procrastinators out there. Luckily, for those late to the game (and their significant others) we’ve compiled a list of the top 5 ways to spend your Valentine’s Day in Downtown Stockton!
Top 5 Ways to Spend your Valentine’s Day in Downtown Stockton:
- Go dancing: Salsa Night
- Although Chitiva’s usually reserves Salsa Night for Thursdays, they are extending it to Friday too for Valentine’s Day. From 8:30-9:30 PM they offer dance lessons and from 9:30-1:00 AM you can dance the night away. Admission is only $10!
- See stand up comedian, Frankie Quiñones, at the Bob Hope Theatre
- You may recognize Frankie from Comedy Central, HBO, TBS, Nickelodeon, and his viral YouTube sketches. Not only will you get to see Frankie but his famous characters like Creeper and Juanita Carmelita too! Tickets are only $22 and available through Stockton Live.
- Watch the Stockton Heat
- Turn up the heat with the Stockton Heat hockey team. They’ll be playing the Ontario Reign at the Stockton Arena 7:00-10:00 PM you can buy your tickets online or at the arena box office. Tickets range from $15- $38.
- Release your inner child
- Let your inner child rule the night at The Deliberation Room. The Deliberation Room will be selling special heart-shaped pizzas and Valentine’s Day cocktails but most importantly, they will be offering FREE pool, air hockey, and arcade games. They’re even inviting Stockton Floral so you can buy some last-minute flowers on site.
- Enjoy a romantic evening at the Mexican Heritage Center!
- Friday night at 6PM, head to the Mexican Heritage Center located at 111 S. Sutter St in #DowntownStockton, for Sopas de Amor! An evening featuring EIGHT soups showcasing different regions in Mexico. Cost is $25 per person. To reserve your spot, call or text (209) 969-9306.