106 N. Hunter St.
Stockton, Ca 95202
Built in 1873, the Mansion House was well-known in early Stockton, both architecturally and within the business community. Located directly across the street from the county courthouse, this building was a central location in Stockton. Before major alterations, the building was a strong example of Italianate style commercial building. It had a corner bay window, an ornamented bell cap with cresting, a roof balustrade, and ornamental hoods over the windows.
In 1947, the building was extensively altered and expanded to its present configuration. The new façade covers two distinct buildings. This remodel irreversibly impaired the historic integrity of this building. However, we do have photos that show the Mansion House in its original glory.