220 N. San Joaquin St.
Stockton, Ca 95202
The Emergency Hospital was built in 1905 in the Mission Revival style. It replaced the old receiving hospital located in the cellar of the county jail which was originally next door. The hospital featured modern medical facilities and office space. It also had a complete dental room. Between 1905 and 1941, almost one half million persons had received care in the hospital. Today, the building belongs to the Catholic Diocese of San Joaquin County and is used for office purposes.