125 Bridge Pl.
Stockton, Ca 95202
The B&M Building was built on the site of the old Hotel Mexico, a hotel that was rumored to be the center for corrupt politicians and Confederate sympathizers. Originally named the Philadelphia House, this 1865 building was at first a three-story hotel facing channel street. Since then it has been altered several times. In 1870, a two-story addition was constructed on the south end of the building, changing the entrance from Channel Street to Bridge Place. In 1909, the Bridge Street side acquired a thirdstory and an entirely new façade. The Philadelphia house became the BreidenbachHotel in 1912. in 1925,it was the Bridge & Mason house, later known as the B&M Bar or B&M Liquors. It is the second-oldest brick building in Downtown Stockton. The B&Mgot its current name in 1935 from the previous owners, Joseph Breidenbach and Alexander McDonald. The building has been home to many different businesses through the years and is currently home to visit Stockton and the downtown Stockton alliance.